**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek, ill get experimenting.

Bloody local hoobycraft had no Tamiya white so I had no choice than to get the Humbrol can. Won't be doing that again!

I do have a small amount of Citadel white (from old games workshop days). I'm going to give that a test over the Tamiya and Humbrol. If it goes ok ill do the white with that to save having to remove more paint. I've managed to get most of the surface reaction out by sanding so it should be recoverable.
Will update tonight if I get a chance to.

Cheers Chris

remover discs women's death also goes to take this powder, I usually place it on the tip of the airbrush and 2 kilos of pressure about 29 psi, which passes through the surface to be cleaned, without having put any varnish and if I have varnish since I put a little glass cleaner

Howdy all, no updates at the minute due to work overload. Hope to be back on it in about three weeks.

Cheers Chris

I know Wojtek, I've got Italians here all week with me in the UK visiting our customers, then a week of mayhem and then I'm out in Italy for a week. Glad I've got an understanding missus and kids or else life could be very difficult.

Finally a manged to get some time.

Got started correcting the poor application of the white, and I succeeded thankfully!

AFA8001A-E75C-4168-A8F7-77A51460D028-2949-00000511EC90F81C_zps3e6860f3.jpg

Cheers Chris

Thanks all.

Started to apply the black to the stripes.
I masked and then applied with a brush but had a small amount of bleed under the tape (my poor application).

7E039848-6F0E-490C-8A33-FD09ADEB6604-25453-00000679CF3D6942_zps15170b66.jpg

So once the black is finished and dry, I will need to apply the yellow stripes and then just go over the grey and green with the airbrush just to tidy up.

Might look ok now but I've not applied a decal for around 15 years so It could all still go horribly wrong.

Cheers Chris

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne.

Hope the black stripes on the fuselage don't show through the star and bar now that I've thought about it.

Should have both yello and black stipes finished by tonight and then into the detailing.

Cheers Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back