**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Hugh and Vic. Guys, I have a question and I have not been able to find the answer myself. I may not be typing the correct words in on the search. On the gear reduction housing there is a box at top center, then on either side of that there are two smaller pieces. These would be the magnetos if I'm correct. One set has a round lid shape with a hinge towards the cylinders. The other version is hexogon shaped. Which one do I use with the large paddle blade prop or does it matter? And thank you in advance.

Last edited:
This may be posted else where on the forum, I don't know. But it backs up with solidity what I have always read about these aircraft. It may be a forgery, I'm not sure. Please take the time to read this. The interesting material to me is at the bottom and is from a pilot who flew both the P-47 and the P-51.
P-47 THUNDERBOLT

Interesting read, and a very strong case!

Sure is....interesting article!

I thought so to guys. Especially since the pilot flew both planes.

That is the first time I've heard that "Jug" suposedly was short for "Juggernaught".

Yeah, most people think it gets the name jug from it's size but that's not the case originally.

Well done so far my friend!

Thank you David.:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back