**** DONE: 1/48 P-51D "Petie 2nd" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, you've got the order correct - reading from the front = Red, Green, Amber (stop light orange).
The actual display sequence was governed by the Colours of the Day Order, which changed at least two or three times in a 12 hour period, the times pre-notified in the Order. The sequence of lights shown, when required, was controlled by the I.D. Lamps switch in the cockpit, allowing, for example, flashing Red, or maybe steady Red/Amber, or flashing etc etc.
Outstanding! I learned something today!

My poly-cap for the propeller possibly got misplaced...I figured that this was no time for pointing fingers, this was time for action!
Quickly remembering some Monogram instructions from my childhood, I heated a small screwdriver and, bingo bango bongo, Bobs yer uncle.
Wink, wink, know what I mean? nudge, nudge,
414151 002.jpg

I couldn't resist putting her number on.
414151 004.jpg

Good stuff, and I normally 'bin' those poly caps. Don't seem to be an advantage, and are often too tight anyway. If all else fails, the prop can always be glued in place.

Looks great :D Will quiz you on these lights when I get my P-51 up and running hehe :D

Looking great Paul. Half the time I just glue the prop on anyway.
Yep, you've got the order correct - reading from the front = Red, Green, Amber (stop light orange).
The actual display sequence was governed by the Colours of the Day Order, which changed at least two or three times in a 12 hour period, the times pre-notified in the Order. The sequence of lights shown, when required, was controlled by the I.D. Lamps switch in the cockpit, allowing, for example, flashing Red, or maybe steady Red/Amber, or flashing etc etc.
Here's a picture of that switch I acquired on eBay. Some versions of the switch have the white toggle blanked out.

Attachments

• P5071721.JPG
    P5071721.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 74
Anyone even thinking of spinning the props on my models gets a loud, short, sharp, 'Parade Ground Voice' warning! And like Glenn's, most are glued anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back