**** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much. The start of the tail de-icing boots with the inevitable touch ups.

Geo

EDIT: Son of a.....I noticed in the photo that the starboard boot looked thinner, went downstairs and, yep, thinner. No biggie, correction later.

Last edited:
Thanks kindly sirs. Central wing de-icer boots done and I'll do the outer ones tomorrow along with touch-ups, then we can join this all together...

...really not sure how I'm gonna photograph the judging pictures yet.

Geo

Thanks for popping in and the comments. The de-icer boots are finally done and when dry, I'll work on the final touch-ups. After that, the parts I dread, the canopy and all those freakin' antennae. The wing is just press fitted here. Not quite sure how I will go about gluing it on. I'm thinking lay the wing flat, add glue, attach the wing and use the struts to square everything up. This will be done in a few days so any and all thoughts will be appreciated.

Geo

Great job on the de-iceing boots George. Wish I had lookd at this an hour ago, it would have reminded me that I needed to shoot some black on the tail de-iceing boot on the Goose when I was spraying black. Oh well, I'll just have to get the airbrush out again.

Thanks Glenn and Andy and thanks Andy for the article as it confirmed that both sides of the wing-tip float bottom were painted with what I'm assuming is anti-fouling paint. One thing that concerns me is the color of the depth charges: I'm hoping they are practice rounds or I am totally wrong painting mine O.D.. (The ones in the photo Andy sent me were white or a light gray.)

Geo

Last edited:
I think this plane is still expensive for my budget at the moment and always choose to save some very macabre but I have friends and send me offers I can not refuse because they are planes that I also like,

we're leaving lovely, I'll do it if I have time for me with the GB for the war in the North Atlantic.

encourage the last shove and you're done.

Users who are viewing this thread