**** DONE: 1/48 Sea King Mk 50 – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for all them lovely words folks, made the sun shine in my little hanger even though it's cold, dull and shitty outside.

Been spending the last couple of days scratching up bits and sticking on more PE. Hope to have something to show of the chopper tomorrow, but in the meantime here's some of the scratching.

Part of the tail wheel assembly as is on the kit. It's been modified and a replacement scratched up.

120514-1A.jpg

120514-1AA.jpg

120514-1AB.jpg

Next we have the kit rescue cable hook and the PE/scratch hook.

120514-1C.jpg

Most of the Aussie Kings are fitted with this scratch built platform outside the winch door which I believe was added to aid abseiling. I don't know if this is true or not but when on the sanctions duty in the Gulf, ships captains preferred the Aussie to inspect their ship simply because the guys abseiled from the Sea King onto the deck of the ship.

120514-1D.jpg

Lastly, a small selection of the aerials needed for this chopper.

120514-1E.jpg

All them itty-bitty parts would drive this tired old eyes absolutely crazy. Don't know how you do it, Vic, but you are doing a splendid job with the scratch building. Love your work, too.

Charles

Great stuff Vic, some very nice scratch work. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a convincing winch hook for my Wessex - plenty of time yet though, so I'll come up with something.

Thanks chaps, very kind of you.

Great stuff Vic, some very nice scratch work. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a convincing winch hook for my Wessex - plenty of time yet though, so I'll come up with something.

You want a picture Terry, scoured the web for hours and then went and found one in one of my books. Snazzy bit of equipment as well and am not sure if I can duplicate it all that weel but am going to give it a whirl.

Really cool, Vic. BTW, what do you use to glue the PE stuff to the fuselage ?

Charles

Sticky point this one Charles. Most times a dab of CA will do the trick provided the surface is flat and squeaky clean. Failing that
mad0235.gif
I also score the back of the PE lightly and the area in which it's to be placed, this will usually do the trick. Alternatively a dab of wood glue is also functional but again a light scoring on the back of the PE. Failing all else, ditch the PE!!!!..............
lol-022.gif

Thanks Vic, and got your e-mail with the hook pictures and replied. It's the rescue winch hook I have to replicate (like yours), but I'm sure I'll manage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back