**** DONE: 1/48 Sea King Mk 50 – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks Wojtek and Charles. Managed to get the spray done yesterday with frosted fingers and did a few more fiddly bits but nothing worth showing as yet.

So............ you have to wait for the weather to warm yo venture out and spray.....
.marking your teritory. couldn't resist.
am taking bit of a break from mine..... just a bit overwhelmed by it all, but you, my friend, are making great strides.

Have been able to get more done today though it's not been a good day for spraying having been rather cloudy, cold and a little damp, even Future was not drying well so I have only managed to get the underside its first coat. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Any way I did manage a coat or two of paint a couple of days back which is now nice and dry and I'm happy to say that the pre shading of panel lines has come out nicely, though the picture shows little of it.

120521-1A.jpg

I've also been working on the main rotor head, the completely assembled kit head is quite good but looking at pictures of the real thing, I felt that to do justice to my other efforts with this machine, I had to improve on it.

120520-1A.jpg

120520-1B.jpg

This next series of pictures shows the finished result which accounted for some 4 or more hours and one hell of a lot of fiddling.

120520-1C.jpg

120520-1D.jpg

120520-1E.jpg

120520-1F.jpg

Lastly the tail rotor after the first round of painting. A bit of a touch up is required here and there.

120520-1G.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back