**** DONE: 1/48 Sea King Mk 50 – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks folks. Been a slow day today spent most of it chasing round looking for abrasive pads for the sander and ended up having to get them on line. Now I've a huge deck to sand back which could take a week or more, weather permitting.

Deck to sand? You building bl**dy ships now Vic?!!! (much easier to 'bin' the decking, and get a block-paved or slab patio - no sanding then!!)

Have been banned from working on the deck today (Sunday), give the neighbours a rest from the noise of the sander and it's Mothers Day, so lots of gatherings in the neighbourhood.

With the short reprieve decided to start on the innards of this machine. With so many gaping holes it's only right I should fill the belly. So stated with the PE detail just inside the front door.

120503-1B.jpg

Also wanted to add a cabin and consol for the radar operator. Scratch built and at the moment being test fitted.

120503-1C.jpg

120503-1D.jpg

120503-1F.jpg

The green on the floor of the cabin is just paper, being used to add a bit of texture to the floor and the foil on the walls also to achieve the same effect.

Last edited:
Nice Vic! I do like aircraft which have 'cabins' - can really make it interesting and full of depth. Thinking of doing the Revell 1/48th scale Wessex, with some scratch-built interior detail - you got me wanting to do a chopper.

Nice Vic! I do like aircraft which have 'cabins' - can really make it interesting and full of depth. Thinking of doing the Revell 1/48th scale Wessex, with some scratch-built interior detail - you got me wanting to do a chopper.

Thanks Terry and converting you to the helicopter brigade, can't be bad.

Great work Vic!

Wanted to do a chopper myself...Hungarian Mi 24V. Learned to my dismay they were retired a few years ago. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back