**** DONE: 1/48 Sea King Mk 50 – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind conmments folks

Interesting interior Vic, nothing like where I worked.
Doin it justice mate.

Not surprised it's nothing like you know Bill. The history of this particular airframe starts with the Royal Navy as XZ198 in June 1979. It ditched into the Med 1985, was recovered and returned to RN service. Was purchased by RAN in June 96 as a replacement for N16-124 and became N16-198 where it was converted to a Mk 50a. So in effect is from Westland stock as opposed to Sikorsky.

Great work Vic!

Wanted to do a chopper myself...Hungarian Mi 24V. Learned to my dismay they were retired a few years ago. :(

What rotten luck Even, anything else you can pull out of the hat for NZ or Hungry by chance.

What rotten luck Even, anything else you can pull out of the hat for NZ or Hungry by chance.

Nothing that won't involve considerable modification (got far too many of those sort of projects already without starting new ones!)

Further net search shows earlier quoted site info may be erroneous: 2-4 Mi-24Ps possibly still in use! Found photos and footage of a Mi-24P which took part in live fire exercises last month.

Decisions, decisions...

Had to Google that one. Didn't know a matlot was a sailor or seaman... Proudly, I can say I was one...

Charles

Not sure if it's a form of endearment or just a generalised nickname Charles, but if you're talking about a pommy sailor, you would refer to them as matlot's and I'm still swabbing the deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I understand it, the term was borrowed from the french a couple a hundred years ago, pronounced "mat-low" it is a respectful term, according to Tristan Jones in "Heart of Oak", the book he wrote about his time in "The Andrew".

Well it's been over a week since I've had enough free time to do much though I did manage to sneak into the shed mid week and get the innards sprayed.

Today however was good for starting on and finishing the internal seating. I've only a couple of pictures but looking at them, quite a bit was accomplished.

120504-1A.jpg

120504-1B.jpg

Weather permitting will be back on the deck out back tomorrow doing the oiling, so the end is in sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back