**** DONE: 1/48 Seafire F.XVII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Not sure how much I will get done tonight. Just came back from the recruiters. My son is thinking of joining the Army Guard as a way of helping to pay for college. Recruiters name was SFC Michael D. Seitzer. Great guy, first class all the way. Big thumbs up to him.

Joining the military (in the U.S.) is not as bad as it sounds. I'm proud of my 21 years of naval service, and love to see the retirement check every month. I wish him the best of luck......

Charles

Thanks guys. There is nothing wrong with him joining the military at all Charles. I am quite proud of him wanting to pay his own way to college by upping. He also wants to go ROTC thru the Valley Forge program which would allow him to be commissioned as a 1st Lieutenant instead of 2nd upon completion of his studies. Not bad for a 17 year old. The only thing his is still thinking about is that they want him to go military intelligence since his ASVAB score was 95. That would require going off for a year to language school to learn either Chinese or Arabic. He has a hard enough time with Spanish in school so he just doesn't know.

So close to done I can taste it. Four more rockets and the sliding portion of the canopy to go.

100_1262_640x480.JPG

100_1263_640x480.JPG

Crappy lighting for these shots. Sorry.

Thanks Karl and Paul. Yeah, Terry clued me in on that one. The kit instructions had them as either Ghost Grey bodies with OD heads or Aluminum bodies with red heads. Must be due to being post war. The seven decals per rocket don't help do they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back