**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire FR.lX - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well as most of you are hanging on the post, I'll say it's okay be me George. So it looks like you have a majority in favour mate…
b0227.gif

Merci beau-coup gentlemen and thanks Bill for stuffing the ballot box. Not a lot to report. The usual glitch arrived in the form of separate wing tips. To get the "best" fit I had to clip off the attachment points. File and sand is the order of the day and then redo the panel lines. The trailing edge mis-match will be built up will plastic and sanded down to square everything up.

010.JPG
013.JPG

018.JPG
019.JPG

Geo

It starts. It's pretty ugly so it's going to take more than one layer. So far, I've managed to save the panel lines as they were quite deep.

021.JPG
022.JPG

020.JPG
024.JPG

026.JPG
028.JPG

Geo

Thanks for the encouragement all. Still mudding and sanding. As Andy said, the wings and the tips are different thicknesses, so I got the best fit I could for the top and am puttying the bejaysus out of the bottom. As can be seen, a little more work in the red square and then add some plastic to even things out in the yellow square. Starboard side yet to sanded. The top side needs work also but not as bad as the bottom.
005.JPG
008.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back