**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire FR.lX - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Doing all right.

That Bondo spot putty is great stuff, just have to be careful and use a flaat backed piece of sand paper or a file on it cuz it's so soft. It's meant to fill small paint chips in car doors.

It's a while since the last post as I've been putting off what may have put an end to the project; opening a perfect hole in the fuselage for the camera port and figuring out how to make the glass for it. I punched out a clear disc using something I picked up in the emergency room years ago(to anyone that keeps me waiting for almost 4 hours...I go shopping:twisted:) and traced around it on the radio hatch. I then chain-drilled a series of holes inside the outline(breaking my 78 drill on the last hole), joined the holes together with a scalpel blade and then used a round file. Just need to run some fine sand paper around the hole and done. The next bit of pondering involves making the camera port fairing but at least I can join the fuselage halves together now.

003.JPG

004.JPG

002.JPG

Geo

Good stuff Geo. From what I remember when I converted a MkXIV and the old Monogram MkIX, I think I just drilled a pilot hole, then used a larger drill bit to drill a bigger hole, then filed that to size, using the punched-out transparency as a guide. But your method seems to have worked equally as well!

George I have been poking in from time to time but you sure have added some details here Sir :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back