**** DONE: 1/48 TBM-1C Grumman Avenger VC-13 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Repaint and she'll look even better than now (she already looks amazing, now if you find a picture with the model your doing in that paint condition, then you can use it at a competition ? )

Dark Gull Grey shot on today. Purposefully created the light and dark patches by varying the thickness of the application so as not to make the appearance too uniform. I also tried to replicate the odd pattern at the wing root but despite making this very subtle (can't see it here due to the shadow), I don't like that it looks contrived and will likely make this a more solid colour.

Here's the nose area where the repair was done:

The prop has been masked off and colours completed. It's now ready for a shot of Future and decals.

Thanks again for looking in guys.

Cheers guys. I've since oversprayed the white leading edge on the horizontals stabs with the dark grey after looking at the pic once again.

So it looks like you're doing a TBF-1C but isn't that ip for a TBM-3? I think I ran into the same thing and the instructions called for the wrong ip.

Users who are viewing this thread