**** DONE: 1/48 Tornado F3 - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Mark GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps. I hope to get some more done tonight - if I can resist throwing the bl**dy thing across the room !

Thanks Hugh and Karl. Got a bit more done, but mainly work on the canopy, adding detail, masking and painting (took around three hours just for that!)
Not really much to show at the moment, but the next post should show the model near completion - I hope!

Don't throw it! I believe we established that it was a "tosser". So a gentle underhand toss, (preferably onto some pillows), would be in order.
But I still wouldn't.

Nah, it's safe - for now! Haven't got much more done, as I've been too busy working on master moulds for the Halifax diorama. Might get something posted in the next couple of days,

got a tiny bit done in between mould making.
PIC 1. Canopy detail painted, and rear view mirrors added from thin plastic srtip, cut to shape. These have since been painted, as has the rear, bare metal canopy frame.
PIC 2. The new main door for the nose gear under construction, but not yet trimmed and filed. On the right is the bare kit part.
PIC 3. The new door and the two forward doors in place.
PIC 4. A gloss blue ASRAAM training round has been added to the port outboard rail. The starboard rail will be left 'empty'.
Almost finished now, with just the various navigation and anti-collision lamps to make and fit, along with the remaining antennae, then modify the nose mounting ready for the turned brass pitot, fit that and the canopy, and I'll call it done.

Attachments

• Tornado GB 404.jpg
    Tornado GB 404.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Tornado GB 403.jpg
    Tornado GB 403.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Tornado GB 409.jpg
    Tornado GB 409.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Tornado GB 411.jpg
    Tornado GB 411.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 84
Thanks guys. Doubt I'll get much more done before Sunday, as the Halifax has priority at the moment - going to be working long hours over the weekend to get things sorted for the diorama. All being well though, I should have the Tornado finished by Sunday or Monday.

Thanks Hugh.
Been neglecting this due to work on the Halifax, but there's only a few small bits to do now, so I should have it done before the deadline - I hope!

Thanks Bill. I'm hoping to get it finished later this week - only got a couple of antenna and some lamps to fit, then the canopy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back