**** DONE: 1/48 Tornado F3 - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Mark GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much chaps. Seem to have 'lost' most of today - fell asleep this afternoon, as a result of feeling grotty due to a cold ! Working on painting the first seat now, with a bit more to add to the rear seat before painting. Pics soon.

Got the front seat painted, and almost ready to start the painting on the rear seat. The small hole at the top of the parachute container on the right hand side will be filled and re-painted, and there's a bit of touch-up needed on a couple of the details, before giving the main frame a clear matt coat. The finger print at the bottom of the seat pan frame will not be seen once installed !!

Attachments

• Tornado GB 257.jpg
    Tornado GB 257.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Tornado GB 260.jpg
    Tornado GB 260.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Tornado GB 259.jpg
    Tornado GB 259.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Tornado GB 262.jpg
    Tornado GB 262.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 47
Thanks very much Vic and Wayne. I've now done the touch-up and clear coat on the first seat, and almost finished the rear seat. Had a bit of a break from all the fiddly stuff, and did some not quite as fiddly stuff, by painting most of the detail areas on the model, although there's still some re-touching to be finished, and more to do after the matt clear coat, especially the area around the jet pipes, which will be various metal tones.
Here's what it looks like so far.

Attachments

• Tornado GB 267.jpg
    Tornado GB 267.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 65
Still amazes me old boy, the excellent work you can do despite your pain etc., etc., I need a drink....Staropramen anyone?

Thanks very much indeed chaps! Should get back to the Tornado tomorrow, when the paint is fully dry. Meanwhile I've been working on the Wessex, in the 'normal' builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back