**** DONE: 1/48 Wellington Mk.III - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Work continues and progress is being made of the Welly. Today's update:

This is the left wing bottom showing the aileron assembly and landing gear box before the wing halves are joined.

A closer view of the wheel assembly and its mounting position in the engine nacelle.

Wing halves are joined and clamped, top side.

Winged halves joined, bottom side view.

Fuselage halves have been joined as well. Top side putty and sanding done yesterday. Rudder now glued into place.

Nose turret in place and cannot be removed. Gonna be a pain masking it off for painting but patience will be the key.

Tail assembly and tail wheel in place. Rear turret done as well and is sitting in "tub". It can be removed and will be for painting. I will glue it into place when painting is completed.

Closer view of tail turret in position.

Still have to attach flap for left wing and a couple of sundry pieces and then onto the right wing.

Cheers,

Jeff

As mentioned in a previous update a wing root box is provided to help secure the wings to the fuselage. I jumped ahead a smidge to make sure the glue has fully dried when I get to the part where the wings are attached. The first wing is almost complete and the undercarriage assembly has bee glued into place on the second wing and I am waiting overnight to ensure it is secure before I move on.

Cheers,

Jeff

Good stuff, and that's a neat arrangement for the wing spar 'boxes' - they've given me an idea for fabricating something similar for my 1/48th scale Lancaster (when I get around to it !), so as to allow internal detail in the mid-section, where the kit spars would otherwise obstruct the area.

Terry, in my previous post you can see into the open end of the wing where the spar box slides. I thought it was a pretty cool way to do things. There were two alignment nubs/pins that fit into corresponding holes on the fuselage side. These holes are visible in post #91 of this thread.

Jeff

Last edited:
Doin' good Jeff, be flying soon!

A stitch of bad weather would be helpful...force me to stay indoors and put more time into her. I am pretty sure I will finish by the end of the month but it will be close. My wife looks after a 95 year old who is in Hospice care and has been for about 7 weeks. I am pretty much a bachelor trying to keep up on everything around the house plus the stuff going on outside of the home too.

I am off to London Ontario today to see my mom seeing as it is Mother's Day so I will not get to the workbench at all.

I hate when life gets in the way of my fun stuff.

Cheers,

jeff

Users who are viewing this thread