**** DONE: 1/48 Wellington Mk.III - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Work continues and progress is being made of the Welly. Today's update:

IMG_0001.JPG

This is the left wing bottom showing the aileron assembly and landing gear box before the wing halves are joined.

IMG_0002.JPG

A closer view of the wheel assembly and its mounting position in the engine nacelle.

IMG_0004.JPG

Wing halves are joined and clamped, top side.

IMG_0005.JPG

Winged halves joined, bottom side view.

IMG_0006.JPG

Fuselage halves have been joined as well. Top side putty and sanding done yesterday. Rudder now glued into place.

IMG_0008.JPG

Nose turret in place and cannot be removed. Gonna be a pain masking it off for painting but patience will be the key.

IMG_0010.JPG

Tail assembly and tail wheel in place. Rear turret done as well and is sitting in "tub". It can be removed and will be for painting. I will glue it into place when painting is completed.

IMG_0011.JPG

Closer view of tail turret in position.

Still have to attach flap for left wing and a couple of sundry pieces and then onto the right wing.

Cheers,

Jeff

As mentioned in a previous update a wing root box is provided to help secure the wings to the fuselage. I jumped ahead a smidge to make sure the glue has fully dried when I get to the part where the wings are attached. The first wing is almost complete and the undercarriage assembly has bee glued into place on the second wing and I am waiting overnight to ensure it is secure before I move on.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Good stuff, and that's a neat arrangement for the wing spar 'boxes' - they've given me an idea for fabricating something similar for my 1/48th scale Lancaster (when I get around to it !), so as to allow internal detail in the mid-section, where the kit spars would otherwise obstruct the area.

Good stuff, and that's a neat arrangement for the wing spar 'boxes' - they've given me an idea for fabricating something similar for my 1/48th scale Lancaster (when I get around to it !), so as to allow internal detail in the mid-section, where the kit spars would otherwise obstruct the area.

Terry, in my previous post you can see into the open end of the wing where the spar box slides. I thought it was a pretty cool way to do things. There were two alignment nubs/pins that fit into corresponding holes on the fuselage side. These holes are visible in post #91 of this thread.

Jeff

Last edited:
Doin' good Jeff, be flying soon!

A stitch of bad weather would be helpful...force me to stay indoors and put more time into her. I am pretty sure I will finish by the end of the month but it will be close. My wife looks after a 95 year old who is in Hospice care and has been for about 7 weeks. I am pretty much a bachelor trying to keep up on everything around the house plus the stuff going on outside of the home too.

I am off to London Ontario today to see my mom seeing as it is Mother's Day so I will not get to the workbench at all.

I hate when life gets in the way of my fun stuff.

Cheers,

jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back