**** DONE: 1/48 Westland Lysander - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thank you all.

got the cockpit parts assembled, going to be a tricky fit to get the fuselage closed up with this inside i think ?

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Great stuff mate, and I agree with Andy. At least your kit has the internal detail - I'll have to scratch-build all that frame work and other detail on mine.

cheers Andy / Terry.

over 30 pieces went into that cockpit and i did not use some parts that would not be seen !

been plodding on, fuselage went together with less fuss than i first tought though care was still needed to keep the joints together.

the engine was 13 parts itself and was to big for the 4 part cowl and kept forcing the pieces apart so i had to sand a lot off the top of the cylinder heads just to get it to fit !!

also assembled and fitted the undercart.

Picture 031.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

Great stuff Karl. Is that pilot's seat in the right place? It looks a touch high up there, although I know the Lysander had a bit of an odd set up in the cockpit.

Great stuff Karl. Is that pilot's seat in the right place? It looks a touch high up there, although I know the Lysander had a bit of an odd set up in the cockpit.
Must admit i am not sure mate !
If Eduard have things right Lizzie pilots had very long legs to reach the rudder bar.
But thats how it looked on the instructions and i am not sure it will fit under the canopy but ran out of time to check.

Check the instructions again Karl - the seat just doesn't look right up there. I had a look at some interior shots, and compared against my Italeri kit (ex-Hawk/Lindbergh kit I think). My kit is basic, with very little internal detail, especially around the seat and frame work, but it'll end up being a lot lower than that, on scratch-built mounts and frame work.
It's almost as if there's some parts missing, for the seat mounts, which I think should be inside that open 'U' shaped sill surrounding the cockpit.

I agree with Terry Karl. Something wrong with that seat location. Here's a snip of the instruction sheet showing the seat mounted on the same frame that supports the pedals and the seat frame is deep in the cockpit frame.

Karl.jpg

Now that makes sense Andy.

Will post some pics of my instructions a bit later, but i do need to lower the seat !

here we go these are Eduard's instructions, it is only when you look at the later assembly you see the seat fitted lower down on the frame but not fitted to the stick and rudder assembly ??

once in the fuselage i did think it was very high and away from the pedals but what do i know ?

should come off easy and be fitted lower down

lizzie1.jpg

lizzie2.jpg

lizzie3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back