**** DONE: 1/48 Westland Lysander - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Think I can see what has gone wrong here Karl, the top instruction photo tells you to fit the base of the seat on the frame, whereas the bottom instruction shows the seat sitting within the frame with the seat back butted against the frame. A bit miss leading. If you can lower the seat so that the triangular back supports are level with the back frame, you should be okay. Outside of that my friend, she is looking good.

Those instructions are misleading and I can see why you did what you did. The clip I posted was from Eduard's website where the post copies of their instruction sheets. Yours appear to be different.

Glad you can sort it Karl. Bit late now, but I notice your instructions call for 'Interior Green', and not 'Cockpit Grey Green', which is what was used.

I won't tell if you don't!
If I need to mix it, I normally make a light green from Humbrol 30 or 163 Dark Green and White, and add a spot of mid grey until it looks right!
Obviously, if using other paints, then the equivalents can be used. Even if I use Humbrol 78 (their version of Cockpit Grey green) I normally add a touch of white.
No problem though, it still looks the biz. Do Eduard provide the 'basket' type seat base? My kit is so basic, I'll need to make almost all the internal detail, including seats, as the kit parts are -er - 'chunky' to say the least!

the kit part tries to represent the basket seat i think, it has raised bars across running in both directions bit the squares in between are filled not hollowed out andthat is just the seat pan ?

thanks old fruit.

well lowered the seat without much touble and started masking the many windows on the Lizzie !
the green part is what the wings attach to, and this passes through the top of the cockpit, dry fitting showed this was slightly off center so i removed it and will fit it again once the cockpit side glazing is fitted and set securley in place.

also noticed the rear part will have to be posed open as it is too big to be shut and sits proud of the surrounding parts !

Picture 032.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

thanks guys, have glued up the canopy parts and and the piece that holds the wings on.

pics tomorrow when i hope to have the wings and supports attached and ready for painting to start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back