**** DONE: 1/48 Westland Lysander - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tooks these a quite a few years ago but maybe they will help.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 69
I like that choice Karl. Here's another pic of the same bird that Paul posted from a different angle, different place, different time. It's the CWH Lysander done in a target tug paint scheme.

IMG_6122 reduced.jpg

Hey, Karl,
I am looking forward to watching this build. I grabbed the Eduard kit off ebay and it is on the stack. Always loved the Lysander.
Dale

Here's a few pics of the Duxford example Karl, although you probably have your own too.

Attachments

• Czech 004.jpg
    Czech 004.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 73
  • Duxford  May 2011 065.jpg
    Duxford May 2011 065.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Lizzie 1.jpg
    Lizzie 1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Lizzie 2.jpg
    Lizzie 2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Lizzie 3.jpg
    Lizzie 3.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 73
thank you all for chipping in with pics

wow cheers Terry, my pics are not as good as those .

my kit has solid wheel rims and other pics i have of Lizzies i have seen have a bar with holes in it on the outside of the wheel as well ?
will try and find it and post it here.

will probably leave my wheels fully covered as it might be a pain to cut out the covers as they are moulded as part of the spats !

Yep, I've seen both 'solid' wheels and spoked. Cutting out the covers won't be a major problem, but mounting the wheel could be, if the kit doesn't include the actual gear leg. My kit is the Italeri version, courtesy of Glenn (I think the ex-Hawk/Testors kit), which uses pins inside the two halves of the spats. The bar you mean acts as a 'mud scraper', and I think also an attachment point for the covers.

thanks guys.

Tony i agree, flying an un armed aircraft and landing in enemy held territory, hero's one and all !

ok did a bit today, sorry for the crap pictures, just not with it this A.M

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back