**** DONE: A10 A Thunderbolt II in the colours of the 74th TFS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
well here's my entry for the Cold War group build.
Italeri's 1/48 A10 A Thunderbolt II in the colours of the 74th TFS as depicted on the box art
User Name: rochie
Name: Karl
Category: Beginner
Kit: Italeri
Scale:1/48
Accessories: none

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Great choice Karl! :thumbright: The 74th is part of the 23rd fighter group, which took over from the Flying Tigers in China in July 1942 with a few of the AVG members transferring over and lead by Col R.L. Scott, author of "God is My Copilot". The shark mouth and angel on that Hog are no lie!!

Looks a nice kit Karl,great choice mate.
Cheers,
Tony.

That looks a nice kit Karl, great choice. I could wave to the pilots from the back yard of my last home in UK as they flew over ever so low. :lol:

:hotsun: :hotsun:

seems like my subject took a hit during the first gulf war :shock: !

The A-10 is one tough aircraft (Just like its great granddad the P-47). The pilot was surrounded by armor, front, back, sides, and bottom, and the plane could lose half a tail or wing, or have an engine blown off and still bring the pilot back.

I'm not sure what questions I can answer. I was a C-130 mechanic and part time SP (Security Police). While I saw them day in and day out and even got to sit in the cockpit a few times I probably don't know much more then people here. They were crowd pleasers at the air shows.

As for pictures I think my ex-wife has them along with my kids and just about all my money. :evil: I did have one of the A-10 I use to have in my brief case. Was in there for years. Keep in mind I did my service before the digital camera.

never mind Dirk, i thought you meant you worked on A-10's but no probs i got a couple of books and a website or two that will help and as far as i've seen the kit instuctions seem pretty accurate as far as the paint scheme go's

cheers Dan/Wayne was going to do the one based in England but couln't resist the sharkmouth scheme :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back