**** DONE: A10 A Thunderbolt II in the colours of the 74th TFS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice one karl looking forward to this build!

well got started, the kits is a very simple build the fit of some parts is a bit iffy in places but not any major problems.
pic 1 2 Engine pods built up with fans painted
pic 3 4 Cockpit tub and instrument panel
pic 5 Tail unit built up
other pics of the fuselage and engines and tail dry fitted

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 105
cheers fella's, suprised how big it is, about the same size as my Ju 88 in the same scale !
since this morning i've got the wings put together and attached along with the engine pods and the tail unit.
pics when i can !

Carl, I have a very detailed book on the A-10 if you need any info or if you need some photos I can take some shots of it and post them. The book is entitled The Great Book of Modern Warplanes and the first section is on the A- 10.

Carl, I have a very detailed book on the A-10 if you need any info or if you need some photos I can take some shots of it and post them. The book is entitled The Great Book of Modern Warplanes and the first section is on the A- 10.

many thanks for the offer Aaron, i've got hold of a couple of books myself and found a very detailed modelling website about the A-10 so i'm sorted:lol:

cheers for the kind words everyone :oops:

ok managed a little work inbetween applying for jobs :lol:
all the big bits are now fixed together along with some air rifle pellets in the nose for to stop it tail sitting hopefully and filled a few gaps with milliput then smoothed it off with a wet finger :rolleyes:
should get a bit more done today

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 77
Nice work Karl i built the trumpeter 1/32 scale A10 sometime ago man that was big it now sits in the local museum gathering dust .BB

Nice work Karl i built the trumpeter 1/32 scale A10 sometime ago man that was big it now sits in the local museum gathering dust .BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back