**** DONE: A10 Thunderbolt II No. 6 A/C USAF Systems Command

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

magnu

Staff Sergeant
Dec 11, 2007
Cornwall
Username Magnu
Name Lewis
Category Intermediate
Scale 1/48
Accessories None

I was going to use my Tamyia kit for this build but I have had no joy in getting hold of a canopy for it so I went hunting on Ebay and found an unknown A10 with no instructions or box. I was planning on using just the canopy but having had a good look have decided to build it using the Tamyia instructions and decals as it seems to be a very nice kit.
This is the scheme I will be doing
Aircraft071.jpg

Aircraft069.jpg

I made a start last night and put the weapons,wheels and tail together,so far so good,minimal flash and everything seems to fit nicely.
Aircraft070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking Good Lewis! :)

I think that's the Monogram kit. Here's a link to the sprue shots, a camo guide and an incomplete weapon loadout diagram.

Flevo Aviation Hobby

But here's a better weapon loadout diagram - it's possible to use a TER to hang 3 AGM 65s on pylons 3/9:

Attachments

• A-10Warthog.jpg
    A-10Warthog.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,252
Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind comments and references everyone.
Got a bit more done tonight, cockpit painted and put together
Aircraft078.jpg

Aircraft077.jpg

Aircraft076.jpg

Engines painted and assembled, bit tricky this one as the Tamyia kit and this one are rather different in this department, managed to figure it out in the end tho.
Aircraft073.jpg

Aircraft074.jpg

Aircraft075.jpg

Lewis, have you figured out the make of the kit is yet. With the raised panel lines I'm thinking that it might be the old Monogram kit. I made that one when I was back in high school and it seemed like a pretty good kit for the time (1980-+) I picked another one up a number of years ago and never touched it, putting it in the attic. If I can find it and it looks like the same kit I'll scan the instructions for you.

Thanks for the kind words all.
No worries on the instruction sheet T bolt, thank you for your efforts
Got a bit more done will try to get pics. up tonight.

Cockpit installed along with lots of lead and milliput, wings and tail planes together
Aircraft079.jpg

Fuselage halves joined, used a lot of masking tape to pull them together especially round the cockpit, tai planes on, wings and engines dry fitted. Built one of these more years ago than I care to remember and forgot just how big it was
Aircraft081.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back