**** DONE: A10 Thunderbolt II No. 6 A/C USAF Systems Command

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bit more progress. Wings and engines in place and gaps filled. Wheel wells sprayed with white primer along with the Maverick missiles.
Aircraft083.jpg

Aircraft084.jpg

Aircraft086.jpg

There is an uneven gap along one side of the cockpit but I am hoping the coaming will hide this when it goes on I did try to pull it in with lots of glue and masking tape but it was having none of it.
Aircraft085.jpg

Have been plugging away doing a bit each night and things are starting to come together.
Weapons load, fuel tank and ECM pod painted apart from a few touch ups and the yellow bands round the cluster bombs. May give the napalm canisters another coat of aluminum as the first one is a bit too silver.
Managed to move the cockpit so there isn't so much of a gap on one side and drilled out the vents on the gatling gun.
Put a coat of sky grey overall, sanded and filled where some seams showed up, will let it dry and then give them a touch up.
Aircraft087.jpg

Aircraft089.jpg

Aircraft088.jpg

Aircraft090.jpg

Well finally managed to get some more done. I have been flat out busy at work and have been coming home having tea and crashing out 'til ten or so, so haven't been able to get to the work bench.
Sprayed the dark grey mottle and am rather pleased with how it came out, will give that a chance to dry and will then mask and spray the red on the rudders and wing tips. Also made a stare on the undercart.
No camera here at the mo so will bring one home from work and post some pics tomorrow night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back