**** DONE: Bf109E-4 Jg2 white 9 Battle of Britain Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Found this document on the web. It's a listing of all Jg2 aircraft loses from June 4 1940 to December 30 1942, with the pilot's name in many cases. White 9 is listed on the bottom of page 3/top of page 4. Thought there might be info in here someone else might be able to use.

Attachments

• Losses of Jagdgeschwader Richthofen Nr. 2 (JG 2).pdf
    152.7 KB · Views: 134
Nice one Glenn, and good work guys. Yes, the spinner is definitely white. I have a pic of this in another book, describing the over-painting of the Stab markings. Note, as it's a former Stab machine, the 'Richthofen' shield will probably be in silver, and it appears so in the pics. Geschwader Stab aircraft used a silver shield, Gruppe aircraft a white shield, although there were exceptions of course.
I would say the aircraft had definitely participated before 1st November, and probably, almost certainly, bearing the white 9. The yellow ID paint would have been applied around mid to late August, and the original mottle camouflage paint is showing through the now worn distemper -type paint of the cowling and rudder.

IIRC this machine was attributed to Wick in one publication...possibly a backup aircraft at one time all be it very briefly as Wick became Kommodore in the latter part of October....

Last edited:
I started on this one today wile I was working on the E-1. Sprayed the cockpit with RLM 02 and gave it a black wash.

P8152557.JPG

Last edited:
Glenn, I think that's supposed to be a representation of the Stab markings after being painted over. I might have a better pic somewhere, but i think the overpainting was done in either RLM71 or 02.

Terry, If that's supposed to be after the over painting, than the over painting on the left side was done much neater than on the right side. See the photo of the crashed aircraft in post #16 of this thread. If you have a photo of that side it would be great. The profiles I have show the over painting on the left side pretty messy like the photo of the right side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back