**** DONE: Bf109F-1, W.Nr. 5628, Werner Molders, Stab JG51, Me/FW Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now that the Spit is finished and delivered, I'm just working on the final small bits on the '109. i hope to have the pics posted by tomorrow, or by Tuesday at the latest.

Well, rather than beat the living cr*p out of it with a lump hammer, I'm calling this one finished - for now!
I had some problems fitting the aileron mass balances, which were a bit thick, and a lot of fiddling to get the canopy in place. Then, just as I was attempting to fit the canopy restraining wire, the bl**dy antenna mast went zing, never to be seen again!
This mast was very thin, and I expected problems when I came to fit the antenna wire, as it was so flexible. Now I need to make a new one but, rather than delay posting the finished pics, I've decided to put the model to one side for now, rather than beat it to a pulp, and I'll get around to doing the mast, antenna wires and canopy restraint at a later date, when the model goes onto a small diorama I've had planned for some time.
I'll post a separate 'Finished 'thread, but meanwhile, here's a couple of pics, and thanks again for your interest and kind comments.

Attachments

• Molders Bf109F 246.jpg
    Molders Bf109F 246.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Molders Bf109F 245.jpg
    Molders Bf109F 245.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back