**** DONE: Bf109F-1, W.Nr. 5628, Werner Molders, Stab JG51, Me/FW Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You'll get there Terry, mother nature will come good eventually....................even if it's only for 5 minutes.

Finally found some motivation and got some more work done on this one !
The antenna post has been sorted, and the rudder and antenna mast fitted, the latter being very delicate, which I suspect might cause problems when I come to tension the antenna wires, yet to be fitted. I was going to use very fine micro-fibre for this, but I think I'll have to resort to fine stretched sprue.
The tail wheel has been painted, including the 'conductive' tyre (which was a pain to paint), and fitted , and the main wheels were given 'flat spots' and fitted to the legs.
Just need to paint the antenna mast and post, along with the flap indicator markings, then fit the final bits, which are the aileron mass balance horns, canopy and retaining wire, the antenna wires, and probably the inertia starter crank handle (from the Academy 'Buchon' kit), plus a little bit of touch-up here and there, and it'll be finished.
I hope to get this finished over the weekend, as I need to start on another Spit for Max, so should have the finished pics by Sunday.

Attachments

• Molders Bf109F 237.jpg
    Molders Bf109F 237.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 151
That is a pretty bird, love the understated camo on teh sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back