**** DONE: Bf109G-2a Cpt.Av. Constantin Cantacuzino - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, Missus wanted to go out today....so that reduced my modelling time to only attaching the Undercarriage legs....

You got one of those?Man they are a PIA aren't they seems when we were younger they were alot of fun :) Lookin good Wayne but still like Bella's better though the camo here is quite interesting.

Added the rear canopy section and antenna mast today, took the masks off the main canopy and repositioned them on the inside and then sprayed the dark grey for the internal frames. added the head rest too after painting it up!

Attachments

• 85_Rear canopy and Mast_9544.jpg
    85_Rear canopy and Mast_9544.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 86_canopy Prep_9529.jpg
    86_canopy Prep_9529.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 87_Masked inside_9532.jpg
    87_Masked inside_9532.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 88_Main Canopy Section_9535.jpg
    88_Main Canopy Section_9535.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 99
Wayne I have to dissapoint you ! Because Bazu`s mount was actualy a G4 with FuG 7a and with 650x150 mm while having mg-17 mg and 350x135mm tail wheel.
See here WorldWar2.ro Forum -> "Bazu" Cantacuzino fighter planes profiles
Also there`s an article about Bazu`s planes in an romanian magazine called AeroMagazin written by Dan Iloiu who is a very knowledgeable person

Appreciate your comments and I did review the thread you point to, however I can only go by references available to me to come up with an interpretation of the available info, which indicate a Brasov built Ga-2, of which I assume to be a late G-2 due to the wing bulges, both the G-2 Late and G-4 were essentially externally the same. in this case it appears to me to have spoked wheels and small tail wheel, this is what i see in studying the images of this aircraft and comparing it to other Ga-2/G-2/G-4 aircraft.
Essentially my interpretation appears pretty close to the mark when compared to the primary 8 o'clock reference photo. The camo is not german applied but seems to be a Romanian application, one would assume after construction in Romania.
The finish seems common to a series of aircraft with the white code letters on the rudder and those marked with numbers in the 200 range which point to the Brasov production, a fair assessment I think.

Thanks for your interest! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back