**** DONE: Curtiss P-40E-1 S/L Keith "Bluey" Truscott - Aircraft of the Aces GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Here's my next update......

Pic 1
This triangle feature on the leading edge of the canopy rail is a later mod that did not appear on A29-142. I'll have a go at deleting this.

Pic 2
Okay, not too bad. Some work with the scalpel and the edge is squared up. Now for the canopy.

Pic 3
The leading edge lower corner of the canopy needs modifying also. I dipped the canopy in Future and then added Eduard masks. Next, I glued on the necessary corners made from plastic card.

Pic 4
These were then trimmed and sanded so they ended up matching the canopy opening.

Pic 5
Okay, on to those fuselage seams. I hit these with Mr Surfacer and then sanded back, then another attack with Mr Surfacer.

Pic 6
I also removed these access panels, a feature of later Kittyhawks, as well as another on the Port side.

Pic 7
After yet more sanding, A little bit of re-scribing and a coat of primer, things look okay to move on.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• fuselage 005 resized.jpg
    fuselage 005 resized.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 83
  • canopy 001 resized.jpg
    canopy 001 resized.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 86
  • fuselage 004 resized.jpg
    fuselage 004 resized.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 185
  • canopy 002 resized.jpg
    canopy 002 resized.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 91
  • canopy 003 resized.jpg
    canopy 003 resized.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 97
  • fuselage 006 resized.jpg
    fuselage 006 resized.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 144
  • canopy 004 resized.jpg
    canopy 004 resized.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 85
Nice work Bill. Those rivets in the side window area look a little too pronounced. You might want to sand them down a little.

:rolleyes:

In the pipeline Fred, in the pipeline.....:twisted::lol:

Seriously there are a number of features in the Hasegawa that were a bit too pronounced. I'll get to work on those next, including those rivets and the control surfaces.

Cheers

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back