**** DONE: Curtiss P-40M-5 Kittyhawk III, ‘Wairarapa Wildcat’, C’wealth GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks fellas....the other side is done now...and the main wings are in place, tail planes are just dry fitted for now. Still got some seam work around the wing joints to fix up....well on the way now...:D

Attachments

• 50_ Assembled_0296.jpg
    50_ Assembled_0296.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 51_Finnished_0297.jpg
    51_Finnished_0297.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 99
Thanks guys, working on those joints around the wing....wanted this all finished by the weekend.....not going to happen so setting my sights on painting the following weekend....just gives me the extra time to get everything ready for painting.....

Been busy this week getting things prepared and discovered I have some more construction work to deal with yet...the rear canopy section needs to be fitted and faired in like Glenn's so no painting until the following weekend now...cutting it fine to the finish now....:(

Anyway got the front windscreen section in place today after finishing the gunsight assembly...

Attachments

• 52_Front Canopy Section_0315.jpg
    52_Front Canopy Section_0315.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 53_Front canopy Section_0319.jpg
    53_Front canopy Section_0319.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 54_Front canopy Section_0320.jpg
    54_Front canopy Section_0320.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 55_Front Canopy Section_0322.jpg
    55_Front Canopy Section_0322.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 77
Looking good Wayne. :thumbright: I think that method of molding is going to turn out to be the best way to deal with the rear windows of a P-40. It scared me at first, but It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it looks like it turned out pretty good. I'll have to see when I get some paint on it to be sure though.

Looking good Wayne. :thumbright: I think that method of molding is going to turn out to be the best way to deal with the rear windows of a P-40. It scared me at first, but It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it looks like it turned out pretty good. I'll have to see when I get some paint on it to be sure though.

Yeah, your right, I just didn't give it much thought....and then realized I had more work to do, piece of p!ss to sort out but just chews up more time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back