**** DONE: Academy 1/72 P-40N "Cleopatra III" of Lt.Col. G.C.Atherton Commonwealth GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Igor, I found this profile in Squadron's P-40 Warhawk In Action. The shape and placement of the markings are somewhat different that in the profile you posted, and it looks like the fuselage roundel has been moved.

Attachments

• ScannedImage-27.jpg
    ScannedImage-27.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 168
Yes, I noticed that. Kit painting and decal placing instructions are clear about that and it also can be seen on the photos of the aircraft as well. The letter "U" should slightly overlap the roundel and traces of over painted old roundel can be noticed. I'll take that into consideration when I paint the upper surfaces.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Okay, haven't been updating this thread with new photos lately, but it doesn't mean I wasn't working on this model (just wasn't taking photos of each step). Here's one quick snapshot of the current state of the build. Decals and finishing touches over the weekend...

Attachments

• 4_01.JPG
    4_01.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 143
Cheers mates!:D
Well... Almost done! With the GB extended for few days I decided to finish this one slowly as I'm prone to make last minute blunders when I hurry.

5_01.JPG
5_02.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back