**** DONE: 1/48 Consolidated PBY-5 Catalina Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well folks here it is, done at last but before I submit this build for judgment I wish to convey my sincere thanks to each and every one for your support, encouragement and kind comments over the past four months of this build.

I would also like to extend a special thanks Glenn (T Bolt), Even (AK4), Jan (Lucky13), J-Christophe, Karl (rochie) for their extended help in provided the much needed detail required to complete this build and a also special thanks to Jorge Roberto Wolf who's unwittingly has been a major inspiration with his PBY-5A Catalina build: (PBY-5A Catalina- Revell-Monogram -1/48)

Some of you may be wondering why I've portrayed the Catalina propped up on a stack of sleepers rather than the dolly that I made. Well I came across this photograph at the Australian War Memorial and it intrigued me, consequently I just had to incorporate it within the diorama.

110216-9F.jpg

So here are a few pics of the finished product:

110216-1H.jpg
110216-3C.jpg
110216-4A.jpg
110216-6D.jpg
110216-7B.jpg
110216-7C.jpg
110216-7J.jpg
110216-8C.jpg

Holy Catalina Batman! Bl**dy marvellous Vic!
What type of grass did you use - coarse mat or static grass? Been looking for that type locally.

Terry, I can't remember the Manufacturer of the grass as I chucked the label out when putting it into a larger and sealable plastic bag, but I will find out and let you know. It is very fine and was sprinkled onto the painted Paper Mache base that had been brushed with a very thinned adhesive that was left to dry overnight and then the surplus shaken off..........outside.

Please excuse my aussie cliche but Vic that is an absolute bloody ripper!:shock::D8)
Fabulous job,just stunning.
Cheers,
Tony.

Gentlemen, I'm truly flattered by your praise I can only hope that in watching this thread that you have had as much joy from it as I have in making and presenting it. Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back