**** DONE: 1/48 Typhoon Mk.1B RCAF 143 16 Wing Comm 1944 Commonwealth GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Holey moley........... what I go thru getting ready to paint, my nerves are a shambles. Just have to finish the color on the rudder. I forgot to paint it the base color so I will have to do that to finish the camo..... Gonna go have a drink!

Attachments

• 19 camo.jpg
    19 camo.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 127
Looking good Bill. The early car-door Typhoons normally had the rear section under the canopy in the same colour as the camouflage. Only the later aircraft had the black upper sections to the cockpit and decking.

Looking good Bill. The early car-door Typhoons normally had the rear section under the canopy in the same colour as the camouflage. Only the later aircraft had the black upper sections to the cockpit and decking.

Aw crap.................. I just painted it black!!!!!!!!!!!!! And....... I just did a mix of colors to get the lighter dark green........ immmmmmpossible to match... see, nothing comes easy....... I will leave it black and just take me lumps....... unless I get creative.

Thanks all for your koodos.

Thanks awfly guys............
This too is on it's wheels finally......
As the Spitty, door, details, decals...............

Attachments

• 20 on wheels.jpg
    20 on wheels.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 94
Thanks guys............
My heart almost stopped a few minutes ago. Looking over the pictures I have, The R*D aircraft is always shown as a bubble canopy, and I want to make the car door model as R*D. Then I re-read some of the notices, and low and behold, before he went off to C.O. his last squadron, the plane was repainted and R*D painted on the side of the car door plane. It was later replaced with the bubble top plane and marked R*D. So I am good to go. What I put myself thru, I should be prosecuted, but instead I am persecuted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back