**** DONE: 1/48 Typhoon Mk.1B RCAF 143 16 Wing Comm 1944 Commonwealth GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Coming together nicely Bill. As to colours, not sure what your Mk 22 looks like but standard Dark Green/Ocean Grey would seem suitable. I'd lighten the colours rathyer than darken them.

To repeat myself from the Spitty post, I am nearly ready to paint. Just a couple of seams to finish off. Don't know if it is correct, can I put the four blade prop on this thing???? It looks killer with it.

Attachments

• 18 props.jpg
    18 props.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 18 pre-paint.JPG
    18 pre-paint.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 107
Looking good Bill. I'm afraid the 'car door' Typhoon had the 3- blade prop - the four-blade unit was fitted to late production Tiffies, which also normally had the larger Tempest tail-planes, and retro-fitted to some earlier 'bubble hooded' models. But the early, car door Typhoons were long out of service, in general terms, by then.

Looking good Bill. I'm afraid the 'car door' Typhoon had the 3- blade prop - the four-blade unit was fitted to late production Tiffies, which also normally had the larger Tempest tail-planes, and retro-fitted to some earlier 'bubble hooded' models. But the early, car door Typhoons were long out of service, in general terms, by then.

Aw crap...........................

Looks good Bill and guess what, while rooting through my spare bits box yesterday I came across a couple of blisters.....:oops:...:oops:...:oops:, possibly from one of my earlier Spit builds. Sorry about that mate, I could have saved you a lot of drama................maybe next time............:lol:....:lol:...:lol:

Dramas is my middle name, nuthin seems to come easy for me, I always have to struggle just a bit. But that builds character....... or so they tell me. I'm pickin colours again. It's just so confusing, I wish someone would come up with colour numbers for the camo scheme. I will have to look thru the forums again to see if I can find recommendations.

I did the Huzzah thing on the other post...... LOL

I have paint on top and bottom, first color......

Now comes the hard part, camo!

Attachments

• 17a bott paint.jpg
    17a bott paint.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 111
  • 17b top paint.jpg
    17b top paint.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Back