**** DONE: Spitfire MkVIII, 136 Squadron RAF, Burma, 1944, Commonwealth GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

First, to Max and Barbara - Phew! Thank Heavens!!
To all - thanks very much indeed guys, glad you like it so far!
I should have all the details finished, and the final photos posted by Wednesday.
Thanks once again for all your support, and special thanks to Max and Barbara for asking me to do this - it's been a privilege and an honour.

Well Done Terry! A truly magnificent model spitty. 8)

Everyone one of your builds has just so much information and detail, its is amazing. Thanks for allowing us to look over your shoulder. :D

Cheers

Peter

And here! Was hoping to get some shots in natural lighting, but, as usual, it's persisting down here! I'll get some shots done later today under artificial light, as usual, and post them later tonight (UK time) all being well.

Well, at last, all the bits are done, including the gun sight which I forgot to photograph in the last up-date! As Andy discovered, the sight's reflector screen scales out at around 2 inches thick (50mm), so this was removed, and a new screen made from thin clear sheet, along with the supports. All that remains is to fit the brass title plaque to the base surround, and I hope to have this on Friday.
I'll start a 'Finished' thread separately, but meanwhile, having already sent pics to Max and Barbara, here's a small preview. Note that the lighting is a mix of tungsten and flash, hence the slight blue cast in some areas of the photo.
Many thanks to all for your support and kind comments during this project.

Attachments

• Bob Cross build 328.jpg
    Bob Cross build 328.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 221
Terry its amazing!!!
You have done a fantastic job we cant wait to see it. We really do appreciate the knowledge skill that you have used to produce what is a truly great memorial to Bob! It certainly exceeds my expectations of what I thought we would get when I initially had the idea of getting a model done in memory of Bob
Many, many thanks
See you soon
Max Barbara

To close this one out I need to say that Barbara I visited Terry this week to pick up the Spit. To say that it is a masterpiece is an understatement!!!
In the 'flesh' it is a fantastic peice of work - the detail is mind blowing.
When I set out to give Barbara her family a lasting memorial to their uncle I obviously wanted something fitting and what Terry has produced has far exceeded our expectations and it stands as a testament to Bobs bravery and especially all those other guys who sacrificed so much in the 'forgotten war'.
Terry its 'magic' thanks a million!!
Max, Barbara all the other members of the 'Cross family'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back