DONE: F4F-4 Wildcat "13", VF-3, W. N. Leonard, USS Yorktown, Battle of Midway, GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I say old chap, just caught up with your build. Looking rather soiffing, even the farty fat thing looks splendid old bean!

He's a closet admirer of the Wildcat and has just been outed as such! Bet that he has a secret place in the house where he keeps them....takes them out everynow and then to hold and fondle them, you dirty, dirty.....:lol:

Slowely getting closer...:oops: :lol:

DSCF0009-28.jpg

DSCF0010-18.jpg

Just had received a PM from Rich. I'll have to get rid of the 3-F-...as only the "13" was left on some of the aircrafts at this point... :oops:

Now, to paint over, or gently remove them.....?

Check to see if the originals were painted over. If they were, then if they show through slightly after over-painting the decals on the model, it will / might look more authentic?
BTW, I see the fat little thing is going to have Hunter undercart doors!! Probaly improve it's lines, don't you know!

:)

Good point about the overpainting Terry, I thought of that too after I posted. RNZAF overpainted US stars and markings weren't visible at all afterwards, but there was usually a colour difference of course, sometimes very slightly, sometimes excessively. I'm guessing a similar scenario in the USN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back