**** DONE: Focke Wulf Ta152H-1 Stab/JG301 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aluminum tape like this is very handy for applications like this. Nice and thin and very sticky.

Attachments

• aluminum-tape.jpg
    aluminum-tape.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 101
Nice work there Wayne, looks tops.
Now then, this chrome foil tape - what sort of outlet would it be available from - hardware, plumbers merchants, art store?
I'll need to replicate highly polished metal in small areas on the Lightning when I get around to it, the nose intake ring being the main bug bear, and this tape will be ideal.

Terry, here in Canada, the aluminum foil tape is found at hardware stores and the so-called "big box" stores like Home Depot. Commonly used to seal heating ducts because of high resistance to degradation and its thermal conductivity. Send me a PM if you can't find any. Will gladly snip off a length for you and mail it.

Cheers fellas, thanks...Terry the Chrome foil is from Model Master, got it years ago 2, don't even recall when or where....

Ok in to the home straight, working on the last bits of undercarriage stuff, added gun camera in wing today, more alloy stencils in the remaining area of wheel bay took ages to get this stuff in place without ballsing it up but got there in the end...first flat coat tomorrow...

Attachments

• 125_More U-C_0818.jpg
    125_More U-C_0818.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 126_More Alloy Codes_0823.jpg
    126_More Alloy Codes_0823.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 136
Sure does Wayne, nicely done.
Thanks for the info on the tape and foil, Andy and Wayne. I'll have a look around and see if I can find any. I can get adhesive foil sheets, such as Bare Metal Foil company products, but I think the tape might work better over curves and rings. I'll let you know if I get stuck Andy.

Ok in to the home straight, working on the last bits of undercarriage stuff, added gun camera in wing today, more alloy stencils in the remaining area of wheel bay took ages to get this stuff in place without ballsing it up but got there in the end...first flat coat tomorrow...

Never let it be said I would correct a pal's vernacular, but that's "home stretch"..... as in race horse track.... We'll let that go this time, but look out next time. Geeze... can't spell colors right either :evil4:

Stunning work, Wayne....

Charles

Good on ya Wayne, whether on the "home straight", approaching the finishing post or on the "home stretch" on your last turn to the finishing line, it's looking good.

Just a little word play Charles, trust no offence taken with my behaviour for none is intended, just a touch of Anglo Aussie humour and fun.

lol-022.gif

Home straight... that whole 'feel 90% done', but in reality, you're only 50% done, kind of thing?!?!?! I know the feeling!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back