**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 Fiat CR 42 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Username: Le_steph40
First name: Stéphane (Stéph)
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Italeri
Model Type: Fiat CR 42
Aftermarket addons: SkyModels decals 48-037, Resin engine (Brand ?) and Eduard photo-etched set 49332

Kit
38-2640.jpg

Decals
SkyModels_48-037_Instructions1.jpg

Photo-etched set
49332_1.gif
49332_2.gif

I hope to have enough time to build this kit... Actually, I'm working on two Hurricanes I and I don't like to begin several things in the same time :lol::silly:
Next post to explain the project ;):)

Hello,

Nice one Steph. Was the reference manual included in your boxing?

Unfortunately, no reference manual in my boxing Geo.

The project is Fiat CR 42 coded 95-9 (serial MM5688 probable) of N° 95 Squadriglia, 18 Gruppo, 3 Stormo based at Albenga. This mount was flown by sottotenente Franco Bordoni-Bisleri at Mirafiori during Summer 1940. No victory claimed while flying this aircaft except if he kept it when moved to AFN and Lybia early in 1941...
Infos here Italian biplane fighter aces - Franco Bordoni-Bisleri

The real
Capture.JPG

Two interpretations are possible for this project. Two tone C2 camo scheme
Capture1.JPG

Or three tone C1 camo scheme
Capture2.JPG

IMHO, I think The 2 tone camo is the most probable from the photo above...
I start ASAP ;):)

Last edited:
Built this kit a couple of years back. Dont remember any big issues. The decal sheet is the same one I purchased and it is amazing. So many choices. Hope you have fun with this one, I know I did.

Jeff

Steph do not know if this kit has any relations to the CA Kit but if it does pay close attention to struts part numbers,location and direction.I believe they are different kits but never less it definitely does hurt to do so. ;)

Not a biplane guy but looking forward to seeing the camo work on this one. I like the tri-color interpretation better too.

Hello All,

I will disappoint a lot, but it will most likely be a two-tone camo scheme. This camo has been debating for a while but it is specified on the Sormo decal sheet
Instructions_Part_II_1a_800.jpg

And I seem to see only one color over the Giallo Mimetico :rolleyes:;)

I will disappoint a lot, but it will most likely be a two-tone camo scheme. This camo has been debating for a while but it is specified on the Sormo decal sheet

But the sheet specifies likely a 3-tone scheme unless the plane was sent to Belgium Steph??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back