**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 He 162A-2 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
Username: Donivanp
First name: Don
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Dragon
Model Type: He 162A-2
Aftermarket addons: OOB

I miss doing the GB's but don't have much time on my hands anymore. I thought I would try a small kit and give a go. I looked at a couple I would like to do such as the Hasegawa Henschel Hs 129B-2 or the ICM Do 17Z-2 but figured they may be a bit much to bite off at this time. As I don't have an Me 163, this is as small and simple as I can get. So I figure we give it a go and hope for the best.

thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (6).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg

Well I've not been home for more then 2 and a half days combined since I started this project. I'm in Dallas now, but I just found a photo resize app for my phone. Since starting this I've been to Corpus Christi TX, twice, Albuquerque MN once, Lake Charles LA once, Oklahoma City, OK, once, Houston TX Three times, Kansas City, MO once, and Odessa TX once. Busy busy busy. That all being said, I've gotten a bit done, and you are all right about the PE. It is over sized and not easy to cut. The truck ate (a new type of carpet monster) one of the landing gear locks. I used the airbrush at home to shoot the interior and am using Valljao and Testors acrylic paints.

20171130_185137-800x600.jpg
20171130_185130-800x600.jpg
20171130_185230-800x600.jpg
20171130_185146-800x600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great plan on shooting the innards at home Don. At least your mobile carpet monster is minuscule. Get a Dirty Devil or Dust Buster, attach a piece of your wife's nylons (or yours...I'm not judging) to the intake and go around your cab floor, etc

Well it seems I've found time to work on this kit now. Got Fired. Wasn't much for truck driving anywho. Now I gotta find a job, but in the mean time. some of the kit got broken and lost in the truck so I'll see what I can salvage. Please no sorry you lost your job, not having an income for a bit sucks but not driving that monster will save years off my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back