**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 He 162A-2 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a bad effort Don and it's amazing how you make something good out of all the confusion, I take it you found a nice empty space to cut out all the decals. :) ;)

Color it done. Finished FIN etc...

The kit was not bad. It could use an updated PE set but other than that, not bad, From all I have been able to find on the aircraft it is very detailed and correct. Due to the age (Bought the kit in '95 give or take) the decals had issue and I was not happy with the replacement decals, and I broke and lost some of the main gear in the truck while I was driving. It would have been nice to have worked it gear down. THe interment panel I screwed up, partially due to the PE. More time on the kit would have helped. I chose it as a "quick build" type of kit and it should not be entered into that way. Yes the basic kit is pretty bare but there is not plastic for the PE items like some kits will give you and the PE is needed. You damn near need a grinder to cut the pe.

All in all I like the subject and if I had another kit of it I would do it again.
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (6).jpg
thumbnail (7).jpg
thumbnail (8).jpg
thumbnail (9).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

Nice work Don besides the issues. If you do plan another Eduard makes a P.E. set. It's for Tamiya but it could probably be shoe-horned into the Dragon kit.
I did not know Tamiya had one, I might be inclined to run that way over the Dragon without even looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back