**** DONE: GB-36 1/48 He 162A-2 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well alrighty then. I'm getting near calling this done, No show award but at least I'll finish one. Then on to bigger and better things. Well maybe anyway. I have to put the vertical stabs on and then finish up the cockpit and mount it. I'm not really happy with it but all in all it looks like a H2 162. I used Vallejo for the upper and Testors for the lower. There are two colors of green as prescribed but I can't tell. RLM 81/83/78 is what I used the engine pod and the Rt wing and rt satb are 83 with the rest being 81. Both vertical stabs and the lower is 78.

162-1.jpg
162-2.jpg
162-3.jpg
162-4.jpg
162-5.jpg

162-6.jpg
162-7.jpg
162-8.jpg

They used 76 :) but honestly at the scale you could do a bit of a weathered look and it would turn out allright :) Great progress so far. I love the 162 so watching this with glee :)

OK so the replacement decals came in. They are far more extensive then the kit decals though, and I did not realize this till I started, they have to be cut close to the decal as they are not individually printed on film but the the whole she is the film. Bit dicey on the fist couple but quick learning curve after that. I get them on and flat coat and some touch ups and finish the cockpit and canopy, mount it and we will be done.

162-12.jpg
162-13.jpg
162-14.jpg
162-15.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back