**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Me-410B-2/U4 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I know many will confirm my feelings when I say there is nothing like photos on the computer to show what a plethora of gobbledygook your cockpit looks like. To the naked eye I think she looks pretty good, maybe the best pit I have done but the photos show all the warts in living colour. Anyhow, this is how she is going to go into the fuselage when I get to that point. I have started constructing the rear pit and we shall see how it turns out. On with the pictures!

IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Yep, looks fine, especially as the average human doesn't have around 15 lens elements and macro !

The cockpit looks great Jeff! It can be sobering to view close-up photos of work that you thought was pretty darn good. I've been trying to reduce that difference between perception and reality. I've found that good magnification is a must and use magnification whenever I can. I even use my Magnivisor when shooting small areas with the airbrush. Another tip is to use a wash. A wash is an easy way to highlight detail and has the added benefit of helping to hide the shaky edges of hand painting.

Nice work Jeff. Don't forget that the computer images are 10 plus magnification and that means everything is increased by that scale including any imperfections. When viewed normal size they are again imperceptible. One suggestion on your photos is to use a smaller aperture f-setting like f-32 to give you a greater depth of field. That of course means more light or a longer exposure and in that case a tripod or something to brace the camera on.

Thanks fellas for the tips of seeing better and f stops.

The side guns are finished. The model allows for building these guns to be able to swing out but I have decided against this part of the build as it only increases the chance of breakage at some point. I believe I will build them however so that the "turret" rotates around but keeping the barrel as flush to the fuselage as possible. Little stick things tend to get broken off. I have painted the fairings RLM76 ahead of installation to avoid having to touch up or try to mask off the barrels of the guns themselves. I numbered the back of the gun assemblies so I would know for sure which assembly goes on which side of the fuselage.

I hope to make steady progress over the next ten days or so being as the school I work at is closed for the Christmas break.

IMG_0011.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice. I'm always leery of those rotating turrets as well. Do they expect you to play with the model?
I hear what you are saying. Dry fitting has shown that each turret lies most flush with the fuselage sides at slightly different gun positions. I may yet just glue them in that way, time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back