**** DONE: GB-36 1:48 Me-410B-2/U4 - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Jeff. It's probably already your intention, but if possible, fit the gun barbettes after painting the model - it'll save awkward masking and possible damage too.

Good stuff Jeff. It's probably already your intention, but if possible, fit the gun barbettes after painting the model - it'll save awkward masking and possible damage too.
The locking ring that holds them in place is secured to the inside of the fuselage so if I use them the barbettes will have to be attached prior to sealing the fuselage. Two other options though. There is a small tab inside the fuselage at the cutout that the inner ring of the barbettes could be glued to. It is quite small but if I can get the barbette to lay flush I could do that. Alternatively I could spray a coat of RLM 76 around the barbette openings, attach the barbettes and then mask off the larger painted area when I spray the entire bird in RLM 76. I could then remove the mask and finish painting the other colours and mottling.

and so we march on. More smaller stuff getting done as my time at the WB is limited for a few days as my mother is visiting. I take her back home tomorrow so I hope to be able to tackle some of the bigger sections soon. Anyhow, here is the latest update.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

Last pic.is just a little storage box for holding completed part till they are needed.

Cheers,

Jeff

Much too organized Jeff.

I'm with Glenn on the movable parts. BTW, I could be wrong but I would have expected the wheel hubs to be gloss black.

Back at it this morning and a bit more progress to show.

IMG_0001.JPG

Upper and lower fuselage painted in the appropriate colours.
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

A bit of sidewall detail and wing spars.
IMG_0007.JPG

Rear cockpit glued and clamped into place
IMG_0008.JPG

Tailwheel glued into place
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

More of the rear pit being clamped
IMG_0011.JPG

Front cockpit glued into place and fuselage halves taped together to hold everything in place till the glue cures.
IMG_0013.JPG

Where she is at now!

Normally do not like to use "crazy glue" but the curves of the cockpit area called for it. I think I will also need to use a bit of putty around the cockpit area to close a few small gaps between the cockpit walls and the fuselage sides. I expect the nose glass to be tricky as well. I hope to get back at it this afternoon after letting things set.

Cheers,

Jeff

Good work Jeff. You're probably aware that if you use CA on the clear parts, it will make them fog up. A dip in Future beforehand will prevent that.

l
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

More updates. Tail plane is attached as is forward weapons bay. As I suspected, the front glass needed some putty work as did a spot behind the cockpit. Lots of tiny little pieces are being deferred until much later as I know they will get broken off. Already broke the rudder trim tab actuator arm. I think that might be it fr today.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back