**** DONE: GB-38 1:48 P-47D - Axis A/C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think I got this one, a section of, from Pacific Wrecks. It may show the Radio access behind the opening I made. View attachment 497484

IMHO that's not the access panel to the radio compartment. Just that's a piece of the plate skin cut out from the fuselage . It seems tha the access panel is the one you replicated. Here shots of the stencil at the access panel and the fuselage interior behind the bulkhead in the cockpit. The radio panel can be niticed on the righ above the corraguted part of the fusealge structure.

P-47 radio_.jpg
P-47 radio_a.jpg

And the next shot with the shelf for the Radio/IFF set seen partially.

p-47 radio_d.jpg

Call me crazy, insane, out of my mind but I am going to tackle the motor mount!!!!!!
Yes, I'm cutting the top open so the the engine and some of the guts are visible.
Have the ass end of a Corsair resin engine attached to the back end of the 47's engine.
I'm in for it I know, but here goes. Had to cut "B" from the back of "A" Then shape a new firewall "C".
Strips to hold the firewall in place. Next the tube MM frame "D". I got plenty of rum at hand!!!! "A" used to fit at arrow.
Motor MoutMod.jpg

more engine.jpg

Thanks, nice to know so many are looking in......
More engine, firewall work. Seems the firewall is Not flat so
I'm making it step at the bottom part, added PVC for the bottom section
and will do the same for the sloped part. Then how to make the engine mount???

Today the whole day on the bench. The advantage of being retired and home alone all day!
Used an old bomb from some other kit for the oil tank. Odds n ends, PVC for the little bits.
PVC, .7mm for the engine mount rods. To go in last after all the other stuff........ I need a drink!!!
firewall 3.jpg
firewall 4.jpg
firewall 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back