**** DONE: GB-39 1/48 Bf 110C – Battle for France to Battle of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

20180917_172435_crop_604x179.jpg
Getting there Don, but as far as i'm aware, that gap on the rear, underside of the nacelle is supposed to be there - it allows the flap, and the curve if the nacelle which is part of it, to lower.
Yep Terry, but not a scale 6 to 8 inches on one side a one to two on the other side. I could carve out one side or fill in the other, also unless I am mistaken, the flaps jackscrew back a bit as they lower. Could be wrong but I was thinking that was the peocess.

Last edited:
You're creating more work for yourself by masking the lighter green. You could either spray it freehand first in the rough pattern or spray the whole model the lighter colour. Then just mask once for the darker green. ;)

You're creating more work for yourself by masking the lighter green. You could either spray it freehand first in the rough pattern or spray the whole model the lighter colour. Then just mask once for the darker green. ;)
Thanks, Yeah I know Andy, but it was an issue of I could not find what I needed in paint. RLM 70 came first. Oh well! I could organize my work bench also, but what fun would that be?

I haven't abandoned this build. I took a bunch of kits up to King's to build up my in store credit for when the Kitty Hawk RF-101C/G comes out and in those was the two spare Eduard Bf 110E I was using for spare parts. The weekender is coming back today so I can continue.

OK so I got the spare kit back (could not find an aileron) and I started on the landing gear. I'm not sure why the Bf 110 does not have a notorious reputation for the landing gear! Both the Eduard and the CH/Dragon kits main gear work! That being said I much prefer the Dragon kit's approach to the subject. IMHO, the gear on the plane is overly complicated, and that is not the kits fault. The process for the Eduard kit id for you to build a couple of legs for the rest of the gear to mount on and then add the retraction arm to hold it in place. The CH/Dragon kit you build the gear as a single part and then mount it to the well and then to the aircraft. It makes for a stronger more stable fit. That being said, There is not a lot holding the plane off the ground.
20181005_201836.jpg
20181005_201851.jpg

The left gear I had problems getting it to settle on the mounts.
20181005_231158.jpg
20181005_231205.jpg

I finally had to use super glue to hold the outside pedestal in place.
20181005_231208.jpg

but it's looking like the subject. I can't say as I am liking the Testors colors though. I still can't figure out where I lost that aileron!
20181006_081842.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up three Quickboost sets for this build. The exhaust, the MG magazines and the replacement gun barrels. I must say I am very pleased with Andy's input at the exhaust from his build. I like the exhaust on the CH/Dragon kit but I like the QB much, much better so I ordered a set for the Fujmi kit to see if I can make them work for it.
20181007_084455.jpg
20181007_112727.jpg

Yeah those Quickboost parts are a nice touch. Eduard was being pretty ridiculous with their individual stacks. You'd think that if they expect us to go through that kind of trouble then the least they could have done was to hollow the damned things out.

I do love the QB's I picked up the MG magazines because I felt the same way about putting together all the individual magazines as I did the exhaust. I also picked up the nose MG barrels, dealing with the kit setup went beyond my limits for abuse. Well here is the present settings for this kit.

20181008_172722.jpg
20181008_223658.jpg
20181008_223718.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back