**** DONE: GB-40 1/72 B-17G “Carolina Moon” - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's time to see her in all her splendor with her limbs in position. :salute:
I'm waiting for what's next Glenn. :thumbup:

Saludos amigo

Well here it is with the wings on. I had the choice of large wing root gaps on the top or large wing root gaps in the bottom. Although gaps in the bottom would have been easier to fix, if I did it that way the dihedral would have looked like the pilot had done a 10G pullout from a dive so I went with the gaps at the tops.

P1012697.JPG
P1012699.JPG
P1012700.JPG

This last picture shows the gap on the port side filled with a whole lot of CA, filed, sanded, and re-scribed. I love using CA for filling but when taling pictures of it like this it still looks like the gap is there, but I assure you that it is not, and ready for the NMF finish

P1012701.JPG

Looking good Glenn - don't forget to mask the nose windows and the fuselage side radio room windows !
Or maybe they've got liquid mask on them ?

Not liquid mask Terry, I've made "temp windows" with Micro Kristal Klear. After the painting I will pop them out and redo them the same way. I think the Kristal Klear makes windows look much better than kit plastic ones when the window is smaller than 1/4". In the pictures above it's hard to tell they are even there (except for the radio compartment side window which I pushed in with my thumb wile sanding)

I had the same problem, and replaced my 15 to 20 year old bottle, only to find it solidified after a month or so.
As it's basically PVA anyway, I now use ordinary PVA, from a 500ml bottle, which cost less than the teeny 1 fl oz (o.045 ml) KK bottle !!

Almost but not frozen yet. Looks like we're moving into a heat wave now, 9 degrees F when I went to work this morning. The thermometer at my work bench on the back porch read 30 degrees F last night so I left the space heater out there on low just to keep my paints and beer from freezing up. That has never happened before. The mid 30s is the lowest I remember it ever getting out there without a heater.

Out of the deep freeze here in Chicago today, even breaking the freezing mark. I finished the prep work and sprayed the chromite green in the window frames that can be seen from the inside. Temp here tomorrow will be near 50F so I'll get the Old Silver on without having to pre-heat my work area for 3 hours. Also dusted off a unfinished B-17C that's been on the shelf of doom for at least the last 10 years. I thought I'd finish it along side the B-17G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back