**** DONE: GB-41 1/48 A-26B Invader - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Actually, the original issue had both style of canopies. The later re-issue as a fire bomber gave only the early style even though the instructions clearly state that there are two styles in the box. I'm lucky enough to still have another promodeler kit in mt stash and will build "Stinky" just so that I can use the remaining canopy for the fire bomber.
I have finally found you are correct. I figured this build should have the bulged canopy on it but there was none. The build instructions only call for the one canopy in the kit but the markings call for the bulged canopy which I don't have even though these are two of the Pro Modeler kits. I eat the crow!

The issue here is that the Monogram A-26C (the first of the issue) came with the clam shell (bulged) canopy. The original canopy was issued with the ProModeler A-26B kit and it should have both as was mentioned before. This model was gnawing at my gut as I was sure it should have the newer canopy the more I researched and worked it. Well, 1) the bulged clam shell canopy is not open, wish it was! 2) I could not find one in the B kit so dumb A** that I am did not read the instruction except a glance over.

Long story made short. I pulled the canopy I had on, off, and am replacing it with one from a C model kit. I would have liked to find another that could be positioned in the open but is not to be!

Here are the two side by side.
IMG_20190420_082056858.jpg

I did I swear look on eBay, but I ware trifocals these days, what can I say. I hit Rare Plane Dectives and Scale Hobbies and eBay all the time.

Its a great biuld! I want to start building mine too ,its the icm kit but I cant find the riveting drawings any where, can anyone point me to the right publication or if someone has the drawings?
Thanks in advance.

The blue vertical fin with the silver fuselage its matchmaking from heaven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back