**** DONE: GB-41 1/48 Brewster F2A2 Buffalo - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good. Love those clamps. These any help Glenn? The first you could color up and shrink down. The second one, less work.

1552792010065.png
1552792040647.png

The interior work is looking very good Glenn. I would like to observe how you to complete your IP. The white dot method is about al I can manage for scratchbuilt IPs at this scale so it be very educational to observe how you go about this.....

Michael, The way George and I were discussing it is to use the picture he posted for the instrument panel. I've done it like this before but didn't think of doing it here until George suggested it. The way I do it is take the picture and paste it multiple times in a Word or Exel document seizing the first one smaller than I think I need it and making each additional one a bit larger as seen in the screen shot below. I than print it out and pick the one who's size best matches the IP. If I were making a decal I would delete the others on the page and print it on decal paper, but in this case I will cut it out and put a couple of coats of Dull Coat lacquer on both sides to seal the paper and glue it onto the IP with some CA. The last step would be to put a dab of clear gloss on each instrument face to simulate the glass.

CP.jpg

Very clever. thanks for taking the time to clarify. I would never have thought of that myself. Simply to reduce the number of times needed to duplicate the image, would it not be useful to scan in an image of the IP face, at the same magnification as your image. Then take a photo of the illustration at approximately the same distance to produce your dials at approximately the same or similar scale. Might then need to reproduce larger and smaller increments of the dial images at increments of say 5 or 10% incremental changes until best fit is found. Same end result, just matching product to its destination so to speak.....

Last edited:
The first time I did something like this is when I was making up the plans for control panel for my 1:1 cockpit. I had a good picture if the real thing and knew the dimensions of some of the instruments so I increased the size of the picture on my computer screen until I matched the instrument diameter with an architects scale placed up against the screen and used the scale to measure everything on the panel and make up the plan for my new panel

I finished sanding and polishing the fuselage and wing joints and glued the two sub-assemblies together. The fit was real nice with everything lining up beautifully, It will need a bit of filler in a couple of places as seen in the second picture but it is very minor. In the pictures the fuselage joint looks rough but that's just the silver plastic, I sanded the joints all the way down to 1200 and they are smooth as glass.

IMG_3424.JPG
IMG_3425.JPG

great stuff Glenn , not a fan of silver plastic and it's joints as it always looks like its not right and you always go over them multiple times, and then some, even when you know you have done it right. You are only satisfied when you throw on some paint and see no more filling and sanding is required....

Good work so far Glenn.
It seems that the silver plastic can be deceiving and confusing in the unions, as Wayne says. In the first applications of primer or paint will be checked.
I'm waiting to see the process of that front IP. It is a new technique for me and it can be useful.

Saludos :thumbup:

I got a lot done this evening

Finished painting and installed the engine
P1012781.JPG

And the cowling
P1012782.JPG

I airbrushed flat white as a primer on the areas that will receive the bright colors
P1012786.JPG

And sprayed Chrome Yellow on the wings
P1012787.JPG

That's going to be it for a while as I'm waiting for a delivery of paint before I can go on with anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back