**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 KAWANISHI N1K2-J "EARLY" - PTO from 1937 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nicely done Geo. :thumbright:

BTW ... the small window at the fusealage top, just behind the cockpit was for letting the light come to the antenna/radio compartment accesed through the hatch on the starboard.

Countdown time; two pieces to go. Spent a lot of time trying to attach the antenna. Did I mention its veeeeeery stretch? Trying to man-handle 0.02mm into a tiny hole is gosh darn near impossible so I tried a different tact. I placed a small drop of CA at the base of the antenna, placed the tip of the thread into the droplet and walked away for an hour. I used this stuff

Untitled.jpg

The hardest thing about using this miniscule thread is trying to get a reasonable grip on it. When I finally got hold of it I gave it a wee tug, fully expecting it to break free. Well sir....not only did it hold like a limpet to a rock, I stretched it about 3" before I realized it was singing tight. I then added a drop to the rudder antenna post and held the thread against it. A word of warning, this stuff grabs the glue instantly. Another wee drop of glue on the other side of the rudder and wrapped the thread around it. I cheated on the fuselage mast. I added a drop of CA to the top and placed the thread on it(one day I'll get brave and attempt some attachment points. I then trimmed the excess using these...

IMG_0009.JPG

I don't know what they are called because I pilfered them from the wife. No mistakes made trimming as they trim flush with the antenna post. Very hard getting clear shots of 0.02mm thread

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

What do you think about the size? This is meant for 1:72 rigging but I think it looks better for 1:48 antenna. I should have the finished photos shortly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back