**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 KAWANISHI N1K2-J "EARLY" - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

These gray panel lines look very good.
Did you use Tamiya's paintings? and with what did you dilute them? (odorless paint thinner) is also from Tamiya or is it from other brand?

I think it will give a good appearance to the entire dark part of the fuselage and wings.
IMHO with washes or subsequent filters that you use, you will have it solved.

Saludos campeón! :thumbup:

I used these Luis though I have a light grey instead of black...

1553978375651.png

No diluting needed, its very thin and covers great. I did the cowl with just two dips of the small brush. Clear coat your model with Future, let dry, apply the Panel Line Accent, let dry and remove with enamel/lacquer thinner. Tamiya recommends their own thinner...

1553978771629.png

but as you have seen, cheap thinner will do just as well

Thanks Geo, ...yes I know these Tamiya products (I have not bought them yet), I thought you diluted normal X-1, XF-2, XF-53, that's why my thinner question.
I know they are excellent and with the X-20 you can dilute them more if necessary.

I appreciate your quick response, my friend.
:headbang::thumbup:

Thanks guys. After a little back and forth with Wojtek, I'm going with the brown wash. I redid the cowling and its not as stark as i feared. Decals are all on. It looks like a few might silver so they will be dealt with shortly.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Note the legibility of the stencils. And of course, the extreme close up shows that I was off by a mm on one. For some reason Hasegawa provided a whack of extras for the stencils so this can be fixed.

IMG_0002.JPG

Once all is corrected I'll clear coat the decals and start with the wash.

Panel wash is done, very subtle and hard to make out. Started doing the sticky-outy bits; exhausts to the cowling and tail wheel to the fuselage. Hasegawa picked an odd way to do this. Instead of having the attachment point at the top of the part, there are two that stick out at 90°. One has to angle the strut in at the back of the opening, blindly find the opening for the top attachment point and then push the strut forward so that the lower attachment point slots into place. The opening shown in the instructions is no where near that large.

1554219058384.png

My weekend is done, have a good week gentlemen

Last edited:
Went in easier than I thought. Before I caught the bus I took a comparison shot with this one and the Ki.44 from my other thread. I had always thought that the "Tojo" was a large aircraft but it is slightly smaller than the "George"

1554248635544.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back