**** DONE: GB-41 1:48 KAWANISHI N1K2-J "EARLY" - PTO from 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Countdown time; two pieces to go. Spent a lot of time trying to attach the antenna. Did I mention its veeeeeery stretch? Trying to man-handle 0.02mm into a tiny hole is gosh darn near impossible so I tried a different tact. I placed a small drop of CA at the base of the antenna, placed the tip of the thread into the droplet and walked away for an hour. I used this stuff

The hardest thing about using this miniscule thread is trying to get a reasonable grip on it. When I finally got hold of it I gave it a wee tug, fully expecting it to break free. Well sir....not only did it hold like a limpet to a rock, I stretched it about 3" before I realized it was singing tight. I then added a drop to the rudder antenna post and held the thread against it. A word of warning, this stuff grabs the glue instantly. Another wee drop of glue on the other side of the rudder and wrapped the thread around it. I cheated on the fuselage mast. I added a drop of CA to the top and placed the thread on it(one day I'll get brave and attempt some attachment points. I then trimmed the excess using these...

I don't know what they are called because I pilfered them from the wife. No mistakes made trimming as they trim flush with the antenna post. Very hard getting clear shots of 0.02mm thread

What do you think about the size? This is meant for 1:72 rigging but I think it looks better for 1:48 antenna. I should have the finished photos shortly

Users who are viewing this thread